Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Melting my heart...

We do journal writing almost every day. I give my students a sentence prompt and they finish the sentence and write about it. Some of the prompts in the past couple weeks have been things like If I had a million dollars..., My best birthday ever..., and If I had three wishes.....

Today's prompt was I feel happy when. Most of them thought of things right away and got straight to work but I noticed my little Marlee* (the one who was so concerned) hadn't written anything down yet. She said she didn't know what to write, so I asked her, "Well, what makes you happy?"

With her big brown eyes, she looked up at me and said, "You."

I know I'm not supposed to have favourites, but...



*If I mention a student's name on here, it has been changed.

No comments: