Friday, February 29, 2008

My future (part 2)

Okay, so about the job interviews. I didn't know for sure what their objectives were in interviewing...found out when I got there that they were really just more of a meet & greet to get to know some prospective teachers.

Don't get me wrong, I had two fairly formal interviews, but neither one was for a specific job. They were two VERY different interviews. The first was was like, "Hey, tell me all about yourself! Tell me your strengths! Tell me why you'd be a good fit for our school division!" There were a couple of more specific questions, but a lot of them were just getting to know you questions.

The second school division was way more specific questions. "How would you go about planning a unit from the curriculum? How would you plan for assessment? How would you make accommodations for students with special needs and/or who are academically challenged? How would you involve parents in the learning community?" and so on. Personally, I think the first one was better for getting to know me; the second one was more of an interview for a specific job...even though it wasn't.

BUT, the second school division does have a job posting for a grade 1-2 split in a little town about 40 minutes north of North Battelford and he let me give him all my stuff for applying so there, I've formally applied for my first job!

So now, when the school divisions have specific jobs posted and I apply, they already know who I am and already have a basis for interviewing me for that job.

It's kinda exciting, this whole job hunt. As long as it ends in a job!

1 comment:

Miss Gina said...

Oh, Jilla. We'll always be sisters in the Lord!