Sunday, February 4, 2007

20 things I did not know!

I should be studying for my midterm tomorrow, but here I am browsing blogs. I found this list on someone else's blog and it was titled "20 things I did not know" and I thought, hey, me neither! So here they are:

1. Birds do not pee
2. More people use blue toothbrushes, than red ones!
3. The elephant is one of the few mammals that can't jump
4. A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue!
5. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave
6. The praying mantis is the only insect that can turn its head
7. A person uses approximately fifty-seven sheets of toilet paper each day
8. Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women
9. The original name for the butterfly was 'flutterby'
10. The opposite sides of a dice cube always add up to seven
11. Apples are more efficient than caffeine in keeping people awake in the mornings
12. A lump of pure gold the size of a matchbox can be flattened into a sheet the size of a tennis court
13. California law prohibits a woman from driving a car while dressed in a housecoat
14. In Tennessee, it is against the law to drive a car while sleeping
15. Scientists say the higher your I.Q. the more you dream
16. Your thumb is the same length of your nose
17. Your ears secrete more earwax when you are afraid than when you aren't
18. Red is the most commonly colored vehicle involved in accidents each year
19. The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows, shaved eyebrows were a fad when she was painted
20. Ketchup was once sold as a medicine

I don't know...I'm a little skeptical of #'s 11 through 14.

Goodnight!

No comments: